Riverus Technology Solutions is pleased to announce its 1st Riverus Article Writing Competition on Direct Taxes. We are inviting entries on the following themes:
- Implementing BEPS in India: Progress and Challenges
- Misusing Section 10AA of the Income Tax Act: Diversion of Profits from Non-SEZ Units
- Navigating through the issue of Permanent Establishment in India
Format of the article:
- The article should be focused on one or more prevailing issue in the afore-mentioned broad themes.
- The article should not exceed 1500 words.
- Kindly refer to sources wherever possible.
- The format of the main text of the article should be in Times New Roman font with font size 12. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman font with font size 10.
Guidelines for submission:
- This competition is open for all students or professionals pursuing undergraduate/post-graduate courses from any recognised University as well as for those pursuing Chartered Accountant articleships.
- Co-authorship of the article is not permitted.
- Multiple entries from the same participant is not permitted.
- We check for plagiarism. Such entries will be disqualified.
- You will get free access to the Riverus – Income Tax Research Tool for the purpose of research. This access will be available till
30th October, 2018[Edit: 10th November, 2018]. Kindly send your request, along with your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Last date of submission is
30th October, 2018[Edit: 10th November, 2018].
Participants will be judged on the following criteria:
- Relevance and clarity of thought
- Legal analysis
First position – 6000/-
Second position – Rs. 4000/-
Third position – Rs. 2000/-
- The top 5 entries will also get published on the Riverus blog (‘The Vantage Point’), subject to internal review.
- The participants might also get a chance to write for us regularly!
Riverus is a legal insight company, one of the first of its kind in India. Started in Pune in 2017 with support from Verus Advocates law firm, the company launched its first product in July, 2018 – a dedicated Income Tax caselaw database. Utilizing the power of data science in the form of machine learning and natural language processing, the database is a strategic research tool focused on improving ease-of-use and providing data to draw insights and observe trends.